What to look for in a home security camera in Cedar Rapids
So many people in Cedar Rapids want to see what’s going on at their property when they are not home This is a principal reason why security cameras are one of the smartest tools to consider as you customize your home security system. Although independent cameras are beneficial when installed correctly, they’re even more helpful when included into your property’s comprehensive system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in Cedar Rapids? You’ll be glad to discover these critical elements include more conveniences than ever before. You can view live streams from inside cameras or catch the attention of those lurking about with integrated deterrent mechanisms from outdoor cameras. Just open your Vivint app or touchscreen hub and you’ll be able to direct all your cameras.
Impressive features enhance home security cameras in Cedar Rapids
Multifaceted and simple-to-use security cameras will raise your home’s protection to a whole new level. These crucial aspects of your home security system are available with an incredible array of features including bi-directional talk, night vision, and mobile access. Explore the possibilities below.
- Forceful deterrents: Install a security camera that can take action automatically. If unusual movement is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid red ring will form on the outside of the camera lens and an audible alert will resonate.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision functionality provides clear views of your property at any hour. Your cameras will also maintain their visibility when zooming in on details.
- Video storage: Choose security cameras with cloud storage capabilities and the capacity to access footage straight from your smartphone app.
- Mobile app: Today’s home security cameras in Cedar Rapids are frequently linked to a helpful mobile device app. You are able to watch current feeds or saved clips and even arm or deactivate your alarms. The Vivint App will deliver an update to your mobile device whenever the cameras are triggered.
- Motion detectors: Incorporated motion sensors prompts cameras to take notice whenever odd movement occurs. You’ll also be alerted with a notification on your mobile device.
- Converse with anyone at your door or family: Would you welcome the chance to contact your children once they get home from school? Have you found a stranger at your main entry? Today’s surveillance systems, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient 2-way talk so you are able to chat with the people detected by your camera.
- Field of vision: As a good rule of thumb, your outdoor cameras should offer no less than a 120° view. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides 140° views.
- Configurable zones: This feature allows you to designate the specific part of your property you would like your camera to supervise. This can be helpful to optimize the movement you surveil as you don’t necessarily want updates each time an automobile goes by on the street.
Design your own home security system
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in Cedar Rapids. The next step is to design your own custom Vivint smart home. Call (319) 419-4827 to start or submit the simple form on this page to engage our specialists.