What to do to cut down on false alarms in Cedar Rapids
False alarms are a real issue for your home’s security. They not only decrease the confidence you have in your installation, but they might even be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Thankfully, you may do a few things to minimize false alarms from your Cedar Rapids security system.
As the first step, be sure that everything is set up correctly. This will probably seem like common sense, but it’s often the case that overlooked mistakes result in false alarms. Next, keep an eye on likely causes of false alarms, like windows and doors that may be left ajar by accident. And of course, you should try to incorporate the many features like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Cedar Rapids.
Is it really that straightforward? Keep reading to discover for yourself.
Numerous false alarms in Cedar Rapids can be avoided
Like diagnosing any problem, the initial step is to read the guidebook. Make sure all alarms and sensors are installed correctly from your perspective by:
- Performing a system analysis via your smart hub.
- Manually inspect each device to be certain it didn't get knocked out of place or need fresh batteries.
- Inspect your preset schedules to make sure that your home’s security isn’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all recently added smart components are installed correctly and aren't conflicting with your system.
Reach out to your Vivint specialist if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your Cedar Rapids home. They'll be pleased to dispatch a trained expert to check your system.
Check your doors and windows
If your configuration seems to be alright, the next course of action is to do an investigation of the house. Are all your entries tightly secured, or do you find some accidentally cracked? If an entry point remains unsecured, it may trigger an activated sensor. If your family constantly fails to close an entrance, you can implement a smart lock that locks automatically when your home security goes live. Sadly, windows take extra hands-on attention, mainly if you have a loved one who enjoys to fall asleep with an open window. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it easy to deactivate that device while still shielding the remaining areas of the residence.
Automation tends to be an effective method to cut down on false alarms in Cedar Rapids
One of the most effective methods to minimize the chance of false alarms is to incorporate automation into your home security system. With your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Program a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avert false alarms caused by absentmindedly unlocking doors or windows. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again after dark as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system deactivate whenever your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the right code.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system as you leave the driveway, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Get mobile updates when your components detect uncommon activity or need a battery change.
- Pair your home security to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to operate your system without the mobile app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Cedar Rapids by switching to a Vivint smart home
Increased control over your alarm system results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, reach out to (319) 419-4827 or send in the following form.