Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Cedar Rapids smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in full control of your Cedar Rapids home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it will help you and check out tips to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Cedar Rapids?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also gives you total remote operation through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can carry out:
- Check current or recorded video streams from your linked surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Cedar Rapids by setting schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in your house and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in your home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will show a message if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by using the above steps. You will then need to verify you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Cedar Rapids
Even though many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will probably want to add another user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote functionality, choose phone or email and enter the info to deliver an request.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, pick the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Cedar Rapids home security system. Contact (319) 419-4827 to get started.