How does a doorbell camera work in Cedar Rapids?
Daily shipments have become routine for countless residents as a result of the rise of online shopping. You love the convenience of having packages left at your main entry, but there is a drawback. Those packages sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a serious issue, but you can do something about it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are great tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they provide a lot more.
Take a minute to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an essential part of your smart home.
Advantages of a Cedar Rapids video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide a great number of innovative features, and the technology continues to improve. You can now customize detection zones, speak to whoever’s on your porch, and obtain immediate alerts whenever an item is delivered.
The best way to understand how a Cedar Rapids video doorbell camera works is to look at the many perks it can provide. Think about these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t get this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading crime with audible and visual warnings. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of individuals on your porch and packages on the ground. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid images at any hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera? Top models will give you amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You can get immediate updates from video doorbells that can tell the difference between visitors and packages.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your front door? Two-way audio lets you find out why they’re there. You might even utilize this handy feature to frighten off people lurking around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to customize detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will allow you to minimize false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home gives you the opportunity to view live and archived video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to engage with them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s going on, and even let you communicate with the person at your door. They’ve become must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.
Order a doorbell camera with your Cedar Rapids smart home
Defend your home against porch pirates and keep an eye on what’s transpiring in front of your door day and night with a Cedar Rapids doorbell camera. Vivint’s industry leading models give you all the sought-after features, like active theft deterrents, 180-degree viewing, and package updates. Reach out to
(319) 419-4827 today to begin designing your smart home.